search it!

Custom Search

the 7 gifts

12:38 PM / Posted by Lloyd /

The 7 Gifts

Before I start on what I’m going to write today, the first post of this blog has no relevance to Christianity, in fact it should be under media. So, if you ever wonder why the first post is that post, it is due to the fact that this blog was meant to be a blog on media but I’m changing it to Christianity now.

Galatians 5:22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faith-fullness, gentleness and self-control.

I believe that the first thing that comes to your mind is, why are that 9 properties when this entry is titled, the 7 gifts. Alright, here’s the idea. These 9 properties are only counted as 1 gift. And for the next 6 days, I will be talking about the next 6 gifts. That sums up the 7 gifts!

So, why is it that these 9 properties are only counted as 1 gift? Firstly, if you look at the English of this verse, it stated the fruit of the Spirit and not fruit(S) of the spirit. That itself justify these 9 properties as one. In fact, all these 9 properties are all linked. Without love, how is it that you can be patience to someone? Without kindness, how is it that there can be goodness. I’m sure this point of mine is weak at first glance, but give it some thought. I’m sure after that, you will understand what I’m trying to say.

That’s not all. What I just explained is mainly the second word of the title of this entry, Seven.

But, how is it that having the fruit of the Spirit is a gift? If I may, Richard Templar in his book, The Rules of Life have wrote about many rules regarding personal life and some of the rules such as [be the last to raise your voice] requires patience, love, self-control. What I’m trying to say here is simple. This gift I’m talking about today is an in-built gift, a gift that shapes you into a better person or if you are a believer like me, a better Christian.

A gift doesn’t necessarily be in a form of material. But I believe the greatest gift is what is unseen. After all, I believe that the gift that makes the rich today rich isn’t the million dollars they have but they motivation and drive to earn that million.

So moving on, the second gift like I mentioned earlier on in this blog will be posted tomorrow so do check it out. Until then, bye!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

PSALMS 121:1-2

I life up my eyes to the hills- where does my help come from?My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth.