search it!

Custom Search

Gift number 2, an unexpected one

1:58 PM / Posted by Lloyd /

Gift number 2, an unexpected one.
The gift of listening.

Alright, here’s gift number 2, the gift of listening. Yesterday, I mentioned about in-built gift and likewise, this gift I’m talking about today, is also an in-built gift. And today I’m going to talk about why this gift is considered a gift first, then talk about in fact, you my dear readers actually already posses this gift but have not come to realize how to use it.

So why is listening to someone a gift? A gift is a talent, endowment, aptitude, or inclination. And being able to listen or rather listen attentively is a talent. You see, when someone wants to pour his/her heart out, he/she will always find someone who has a listening ear. No one wants to pour his/her heart out to someone who always shuts his/her ear but not his/her mouth, it will only make things worse.

So you see what I’m driving at? This gift of listening is like a talent, but instead of saying not everyone has it, I would like to rephrase to, everyone has it, but not everyone knows how to use it.

That jumps to my second point, why is it that not everyone knows how to use it. Simple, because by human nature, we like to interrupt whenever someone is talking to us and that someone may be our parents, friends or even teacher. Yet however, the gift of listening requires us to REALLY listening. Just plain listening, no interrupting, no daydreaming, no planning your respond. Just listening. This also means, you don’t have to try to come up with a solution for their problem. What they need most right now, is a pair of listening ears and not solution. Solution will definitely come later on after the sharing.

Therefore, learn to use this gift. Listen and just listen. For the third gift which will be up tomorrow, it will be linked to the gift I talked about today. Stay tuned!(:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

PSALMS 121:1-2

I life up my eyes to the hills- where does my help come from?My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth.